BLU MKII Black
CD-Player ohne DAC, Schwarz
Zur Zeit nicht VerfügbarKatalogpreis
BeschreibungThe Blu Mk II is a compact, FPGA-based upsampling CD transport which offers the world’s most advanced filter technology. Used with DAVE, the combination delivers class-leading CD sound quality and technical performance.
Put simply, the Blu MkII upscaling CD transport sets new standards for CD sound quality by using the very latest FPGA technology to implement advanced proprietary filtering and upscaling techniques. Our next-generation CD transport incorporates a powerful new FPGA core with extraordinary capability.
Blu MkII’s sophisticated WTA (Watts Transient Alignment) filtering and upscaling algorithms can output digital data at 705.6kHz (16 x CD’s 44.1kHz native resolution). When partnered with the critically acclaimed DAVE DAC/preamp, with its 705.6kHz-capable digital inputs, the Blu MkII sets a new technical benchmark for CD performance, while redefining sound quality from the medium.
At the heart of the Blu MkII lies an enormously powerful Xilinx FPGA. Rob Watts’ (Chord’s Digital Design Consultant) has used this to create his exclusive WTA M-Scaler technology, which incorporates the most advanced filter of its kind in the world. The Xilinx FPGA has also enabled a key breakthrough in tap-length (the technical indicator of how complex the interpolation filter is) taking Blu MkII to an unprecedented 1,015,808 taps.
A comprehensive suite of high-performance connectivity is offered and the Blu MkII also features a BNC S/PDIF digital input, meaning that it can also be used a standalone high-performance upsampler, for use with other digital sources.
Further features include Chord Electronics’ legendary proprietary high-frequency switching power supply and a dedicated CD-only laser mechanism for an uncompromising performance.
- Materials: Precision machined Choral aluminium casing designed by John Franks
- CD Resolution: 44.1kHz – 705.6kHz (user configurable)
- Connectivity (input): 1x BNC S/PDIF: 44.1kHz – 384kHz (upsampled)
- Connectivity (output): 1x Single AES Option 44.1kHz & 88.2kHz
- 1x Dual AES Option88.2kHz & 176.4kHz
- 1x Optical44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, & 176.4kHz
- 1x Single BNC S/PDIF Mode88.2kHz, 176kHz, & 352.8kHz
- 1x Dual BNC S/PDIF Mode176.4kHz, 352.8kHz, & 705.6kHz
- Selectable upsampling: 1x selectable switch providing three sample rates
- Dither: On/Off (Only operational with 16bit source)
- Control options: Manual
- Remote control (included – upsampling modes not accessible via remote operation)
- Chipset: Chord Electronics custom coded Xilinx XC7A200T FPGA
- Tap-length: 1,015,808 (16FS filter)
- FPGA current draw: 10amps
- Frequency response: 0Hz (DC) – 20kHz +/- 0.0000001dB
- In-band ripple 0Hz-20kHz: +/- 0.0000002dB
- Stop band rejection: -135dB
- THD and noise (24bit input): -144dB
- Noise 2.6 uV ‘A’ weighted: No measurable noise floor modulation
- Signal to noise ratio: 126dB ‘A’ Weighted
- Power supply: 90v AC – 24v AC Auto-Switching
- Power consumption: 30w
- Weight: 7kg
- Dimensions: 335mm (L) x 170mm (W) x 105mm (H)
- 1.5m 10a IEC Mains Power Lead
- Reference Blu Mk. II Remote
- Blu Mk. II Owners Manual