Z/IP ONE D
1RU Audio IP Codec. Supports AAC-ELD, AAC- HE, MPEG Layer 2, G.722 and G.711 codecs, plus linear PCM. Wireless capable, can connect to IP networks via Wi-Fi, EVDO, and UMTS - Analog, AES/EBU and Livewire I/O's
1 en stockPrix catalogue
DescriptionThese days, you can get broadband Internet just about everywhere, which makes it ideal for live remotes. But public Internet is also notoriously erratic. You could be lucky enough to get a good connection, but it might deteriorate during your broadcast. What to do? Cross your fingers and hope for the best? Or reduce your bit rate, sacrificing audio quality in hopes of making it through your show?
With Z/IP ONE (the “Z/IP” stands for “Zephyr IP”), you don’t have to compromise audio quality for a solid connection. Z/IP ONE helps you get the best possible quality from public IP networks and mobile data services — even from connections behind NATs and firewalls. Telos collaborated with Fraunhofer (the developers of MP3 and many AAC breakthroughs) to develop a unique coding control algorithm that adapts to changing Internet conditions on the fly, helping you maintain quality and stability. We call it ACT, short for Agile Connection Technology, and only Telos has it.
Using ACT, Z/IP ONE delivers superb performance on real-world networks. ACT dynamically adapts to changing network conditions, minimizing the effects of packet loss and jitter. When the bits are flowing smoothly, you get the lowest possible delay and highest possible fidelity. If congestion starts to occur, Z/IP ONE automatically lowers bit rate and increases buffer length to keep audio flowing at maximum quality. You get reliable audio even when network conditions are unpredictable — and there's no need to fiddle with settings or codecs.
To ensure excellent audio quality, Z/IP ONE also employs a new codec based on low delay AAC. It’s called AAC-ELD (Advanced Audio Coding-Enhanced Low Delay), and it produces superior fidelity at low bitrates with nearly inaudible loss concealment and very little delay. Standard high-performance codecs are a part of the Z/IP ONE toolkit as well: AAC-HE, AAC-LD, MPEG4 AAC-LC, MPEG2 AAC-LC, G.711, G.722 and even linear PCM. aptX coding from CSR is available at extra cost.
And for ultimate remote flexibility, Z/IP ONE supports the popular LUCI LIVE and LUCI LIVE Lite smartphone apps, allowing reporters and remote correspondents to easily file studio-quality reports and actualities at a moment's notice, using nothing more than a cell phone and mic.
- Works with wired and wireless IP connections via Wi-Fi; includes matching Wi-Fi stick as standard equipment.
- Slim 1RU form factor is perfect for studio racks, remote kits or road cases.
- Supports high-quality mobile connections from smartphones and tablets via third-party LUCI LIVE and LUCI LIVE LITE apps.
- Exclusive Agile Connection Technology (ACT) automatically senses network conditions and adapts codec performance to provide the best possible audio.
- Largest choice of high-performance codecs: AAC-ELD, AAC-HE, AAC-LD, MPEG Layer-2, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-2 AAC-LC, G.711, G.722, and linear PCM.
- Optional Enhanced aptX codec.
- Dual Ethernet ports for separate streaming and control, plus Livewire audio and GPIO.
- Easy browser setup via built-in Web server.
- "Push Mode" for one-way network transmission.
- "Multiple Push Mode" for audio distribution to multiple destinations.
- Distributed Z/IP Server directory service, with multiple geolocations, lets you easily connect to other Z/IP ONE devices without the need for an IP address and also provides sophisticated NAT traversal support.
- Transparent, time-aligned RS-232 channel for remote control or metadata, e.g., RDS.
- Time-aligned 8-bit parallel GPIO port for signaling and control.